Friday, September 12, 2008

Water! Pizza! Cupcakes! What else do you need??

So G was feeling a little blue that she wasn't going to have a birthday party with ALL of her friends this year. She was only going to get a week long trip to the happiest place on earth. So, we made a deal... she could have a party at the neighborhood pool and invite all of her friends, but that meant that she couldn't buy a new princess dress at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

Well, it seemed like a fair trade at the time....

So, to the chagrin of Miss Manners and Emily Post, I invited everyone over to the pool, you know, a week before the big day. And I did invite everyone... well everyone whose address I had handy on my desk and/or who I spoke to that week anyway. And so little miss had her big blowout birthday bash.

It was nothing fancy... a single balloon and some mismatched dollar store banners and tableware served as decorations. Sustenance was in the form of cheese pizza from Domino's, cut into squares just the way she liked them. (I calculated the square inch area required for the volume of guests before hand...we ended up with nine pizzas. Yes, I was an engineer...once upon a time) She and Little Man helped me make and frost the cupcakes the night before. Mister even tried to help with the sprinkling of them, bless his heart. It was a family project.

Everyone came to the shindig. The good weather even stayed until the party was over. It may have been the very best party ever.

Time for some swimming!

Remember Baby Eli?

Little Guy slept through the rest of the festivities.

The princess and her loot. Oh my.


We are STILL working on the thank you notes...because I am one of those moms that requires her to at the very least write to to and from names. It is a long process.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

I can only imagine the scene at the princess dress store!