Saturday, January 24, 2009

42 weeks and counting...

I was 42 weeks pregnant yesterday. I had a biophysical profile done on Thursday, which showed that both baby and I are perfectly healthy... so we carry on. Time is passing slowly now, and although I am showing signs of impending delivery, actual labor has yet to set in. And so we wait. This one wanted to be an aquarius, I suppose. I looked up the aquarius sign... they march to the beat of their own drummers... fitting.

In case you have never seen a pregnant person at 42 weeks (which I would guess you haven't since most women are induced by this point) here are a few shots I took this evening. I took them past sunset, so the exposures were long, up to 5 seconds long actually, and the ISO was bumped as high as it could go giving them a grainy, artsy quality. I dig it. In a few you can see my other 2 children running amok, streaks of light and color moving through the images... it was fun to shoot.



1 comment: