Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Hometown...

We got to Naples at exactly 3:54 pm on Monday afternoon. I tried to leave Tampa at 9:30 am, but getting 3 kidlets packed up to go and getting things posted on the blog and doing a few errands that I had to do JUST THEN or else I would never get around to them sort of foiled that plan. My sister was anxiously waiting for me, this I knew, and was planning to leave work as soon as we rolled into town. Well, my mom told me that she was getting off at 4 pm that day anyway, so I arrived at her office just in tome to surprise her. Special delivery! I was going to say, and send someone in to find her holding Little L.

When we got there, I hurried the kids out of the car and we all ran into the building and started banging on the doors (she works in a high security building) to try and get someone to help us find her. After about 10 minutes one of her BFFs appeared saying she had left at noon to wait for us at mom's house. Drat! Foiled again!

So we went on down to mom's house and visiyewd before dinner. The kids had a great time playing Cooties with thier cousin LiLi while Auntie Angel and Panda fought over the baby. It's nice to be loved.

After dinner, when the kids were all settled in, I went over to my BFF Susy's house for a glass of wine and some chit chat. Her son, aged 7, was in his room, but not asleep when Little L and I arrived. Little L was a bit hungry at the time, and was fussing a bit too loudly for Sonny Boy. SB hollered "Hey! Tell that baby to stop screaming!" Susy replied "SB be quiet and go to bed" SB's response....

"NEV AH!!!!"

I about peed my pants laughing. I could just see him, sitting up in bed, arm raised, pointing his finger to the ceiling, claiming his place in the world. A world without screaming babies.

No comments: