Monday, June 1, 2009

Florida in 3/4 time

Last week I packed up the three kids and drove down to Tampa to visit my cousin and her family. The kids did really well on the 9 hour car trip. There was only one major meltdown (by G) at the begining of the ride. I was a bit nervous after that, but the kids settled in to watch a few (3) movies and all was well thereafter.

Stef had been up in Atlanta for a month waiting for Little L to arrive, and finally gave up after the 4th week of waiting. Two days after she left, Little L arrived... silly baby. So this was the first time the Tampa Cohens had met the newest addition.

I forgot that in Florida the mosquitoes are plentiful and ravenous. When I took Little Guy and G outside to play on the swing set the skeeters really went to town. I told G that it's because she's so sweet.

On Sunday, we attended Lil and Abs' voice and piano recitals. Those girls are really good! And the Senior Showstoppers performed a version of "Seasons of Love" that literally gave me goosebumps. Mary Jo's is definitely the place to go for classes in the performing arts.

Today we are headed down to Naples to see Nana, Angie and my BFF SusyJ. I can't wait!





2 comments:

Kristine said...

Oh man! Those can't be your kids! They look so grown up. Except for Little L which has so much hair now. Gotta get together soon. Big playdate our house ... I don't know when but will work on it!

Kathy Phillips said...

Sorry that I keep missing you on the phone. I miss you. I am getting off earlier for the summer a few days a week at 4. I would love to meet at the pool and have an easy summer dinner just like we used to. I miss you, dearly. I'm glad you had a safe trip down to Florida.