Sunday, January 31, 2010

Theme Night: It's the Grammy's!

Every so often we do a dinner that has a theme behind it ... the Oscars, The Olympics (Bi-Annually), Chinese New Year, and always THE GRAMMY'S!

Now I love music, not playing it, mind you, nor singing it (though I fancy myself once heck of a singer my kids tell me that is definitely NOT the case) and the Grammy awards are always an event to be celebrated in our house. On our menu tonight, to honor some of our favorites from this year we have:

Louisana Gumbo with a shot o' whisky (Dave Matthews Band, Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King)

Southern Style Black Eyed Peas (Black Eyed Peas, The E.N.D.)

Onion Rings (Beyonce, Single Ladies (Put a RING on it))

Balsamic Glazed Baby Carrots (MGMT, Kids)

Popcorn (Black Eyed Peas, Boom Boom Pow - which is what happens when I make popcorn)

Champagne (Michael Bubbly - oops I mean Buble)

Creme Brulee (Katy Perry, Hot and Cold)

The countdown has started! I'd better get to cookin'!

No comments: