Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And the little one goes MORE MORE MORE

So another milestone has been reached by my favorite Little Guy. He can now open the refrigerator all by himself.

I came to this realization the other day when I had fallen asleep on the couch while he was playing with his trains. I was so comfortable, cozy on the couch under Auntie Faye's hand knit blanket... one of those complete contentment times when you feel like your body is all warm and gooey and melting into whatever you are laying on. You don't want to move an centimeter because if you did, you would never be able to regain that perfect sense of comfort.... close your eyes... the din in the background is fading away.... r e l a x..... And then...

WHACK! An empty Brita water pitcher to the face. It really ruins the mood.

"MORE WATER! I NEED MORE WATER!" he shouts, clearly incensed that the pitcher had not been refilled. He had his sippy cup in one hand and the pitcher in the other, ready for a refill. I thought that perhaps I had left the offending container on the counter until I realized it was still cold...

Oh well. At least he can get his own ding dang cheese snacks now.

No comments: