Saturday, October 18, 2008

I am a Pumpkin Head

This week was really, really bad. Not for me so much, but for everyone else around me. I forgot every single appointment and/or responsibility I had this week to anyone other than my immediate family. Pregnancy is sucking the smarts right out of me. My brains are oozing out of my ears, like the pumpkin guts from a Jack o Lantern. This little one had better be a genius.

It started when I broke Mister's laptop. I have a black thumb for technology. It's only a matter of time until this machine dies, too.

Then Little Guy and I started feeling feverish and everything else went to pot. Little Guy and I have been passing out napping on the couch together every afternoon... luckily I made it to the bus stop 4/5 times. I have such understanding neighbors who will bring G home when I am otherwise occupied.

This morning, I remembered I had an OB/midwife appointment 30 minutes after I was supposed to be there. Luckily, I hadn't eaten anything so I could still do the GTT and they were able to work me in. I am quite certain I am not their favorite patient. Oh well.

In other news, baby is fine and is now *supposedly* vertex. Hopefully she will stay that way and won't flip to breech like Little Guy did... Mister said I had better get to eating so baby will get so fat she won't be able to flip around. Men.

No comments: