Sunday, December 7, 2008

Long time, no see.

Hey there blog. Sorry I've been so negligent. Things have been crazy around here these days. I have been editing many shoots, and still have some shooting to do before baby arrives. I've ben having these troubling contractions lately that make me feel like she's going to make her grand entrance a bit earlier that I really expected her to... and that is freaking me out. I have so much work to do before then! And all of the sudden I am exhausted again. Drop dead, eye-crossing, can't work up the energy to roll over, exhausted.

One of the sessions had some negative feedback the other day. It made me sad and frustrated all at once. I've never felt like someone was truly unsatisfied before, and it made me sad because all I want to do is make people feel good and be happy. Frustrated because it was a fairly difficult shoot in the first place, and I was pretty happy with what I was able to catch and how the final images turned out. And, this is a family I really adore, so I wanted them to be especially happy. Hopefully, I've been able to reprocess the images to their liking, but we'll see. Such a downer.

What else.... Oh, riding the school bus isn't going to work out for G, at least for now. There is a 5th grade, trouble-making bully on there who is saying exceptionally inappropriate things to her and her Kindergarten friends. Why he is sitting near the Kindergarteners when he is a known troublemaker, I don't really understand... He is fairly lucky I was able to restrain my hormonal self, and thus he remains a breathing human being... and I remain a free lady. Hopefully, he will be removed from the bus soon and we can resume our regular routine. She does love the bus.

On a happy note, my dear friend Laura threw me a lovely baby shower yesterday. :)
It was perfect. My very dear friends and family were there and we were able to just hang out and relax for a bit int he midst of all of this crazy December time. Laura provided exquisite refreshments... coffee from my favorite coffeehouse, plenty of tea, buscuits from the Flying Buscuit, pumpkin muffins, fruit salad, cookies... she really went all out. Everyone decorated these little onesies for my girl, and it was so fun to see each person's personality shine through with their designs. I got to see and hold baby Eli again, who ended up falling asleep all curled up on my chest... so sweet.

And of course I opened presents.... lots of simply ADORABLE baby girl clothes. So precious! I also got some much needed diapers (NatureBabyCare even!), some of my favorite organic wipes, a couple of nursing camis (woohoo!) and a convertible carseat for the new addition. So, I am going to have the best dressed and most well-coordingated baby in the land.

Back to editing... and then to a Christmas Pageant play where my neighbor's daughter has the lead! It's a musical, and a pretty big deal. Talk about talent!

No comments: