Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Around the World in 80 Clicks

Catherine of Domestic Bliss in South Korea tagged me to participate in this experiment, so here goes...

Five things I love about being a mom:

1. Midnight smiles from a nursling.

2. Watching my kids learn... you can almost see the wheels turning in their heads sometimes.

3. Tiny treasures collected or created just for me.

4. Laughing. I am a tough customer when it comes to comedy, yet I think my kids are hilarious.

5. Never being truly alone.


Five things I don't love about being a mom

1. Never being truly alone.

2. Poopy diapers.

3. Leaky b00bs.

4. Buckling and unbuckling car seats.

5. The guilt. If you are a parent you know what I mean.

I tag PJ of Georgia Peege and Kristine of Mom of Two Boys to continue this experiment.

2 comments:

PJ said...

Sorry this took so long! I am catching up on blog posts now LOL And #3 of the love section is not a bite off you. I actually typed that before I ready your post fully! I saw my name and was like, "hell... I should respond". Then I finished reading yours! LOL

Five things I love about being a mom:

1. A great excuse to do dorky crafts! ;)

2. Hearing the laughs....

3. Watching their brain wrap around an idea for the very first time. It is SO COOL to watch that discovery.

4. Having someone to keep you accountable for EVERYTHING. It keeps me on my toes ;)

5. Feeling so needed, and like no other person will do but "mom".


Five things I don't love about being a mom

1. Watching them get hurt (boo boos OR heartaches)

2. The frustration that I somehow gained that I NEVER had before. I hate yelling :(

3. Brushing a girls hair -.-

4. Feeling like I say "no" I million times a day!

5. Weight gain from having the baby, then being too tired to work off the weight... then when they get older, eatting what's left of their meals because 1. you didn't have time to make anything for YOU or 2. you hate to waste food.

Kristine said...

Yikes! I am just reading this blog. I've been so bad in keeping up with my blog reading.

So with that said, here it goes:

Five things I love about being a mom:

1. Snuggling up with them and smelling their hair -- which doesn't happen as often as I would like with 2 little boys.

2. When they smile and make their eyes twinkle, just how do they do that?

3. The meaning and purpose that they give my life, everything was so random and chaotic before kids.

4. Baby laughs, that pure, joyous laugh that only babies and the very young can do.

5. FTTS - and the way that they say it.

Five things I don't love about being a mom:

1. The puke.

2. The hurts, especially when there is nothing that you can do about it.

3. The whinning.

4. The tantrums.

5. And I have to borrow Amy's last one, the guilt. Indeed, I do know what you are talking about.