Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

I don't exactly know how the Easter Bunny became a part of this springtime holiday. I'm pretty sure it is derived from something Pagan. like the Christmas Tree is, or perhaps from the Jews, where the egg came from, or was that Pagan, too? I'm certain I could Google it and get the answer, but I sort of like to be in the dark on this one. I mean, who wouldn't love a large benevolent rodent that comes to your garden, not to nibble the shoots of the vegetables you are trying to cultivate, but instead to leave you presents of candy and chocolate on a Sunday morning? Way better than the fake cocoa puffs that real rabbits leave behind.

1 comment:

not-so-quiet mom said...

If you decide you want to know:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/27142/a_look_at_easter_symbolism_and_the.html?cat=7

I thought rabbits left raisins, not cocoa puffs ; )