Thursday, April 9, 2009

The beanbag chair IS NOT a toilet.

So yesterday my kids were taking a bath. I know, taking a bath is part of most children's regular routines, but I do believe that my children have become addicted to that warm enveloping tub of water as they ask for a bath about thrice a day and when they finally do get in one remain in it for 90 minutes or so at the very least.

Well, after they had finished with their bath, (only because I went up to check on them and they had shared their bath with the entire bathroom floor and were subsequently ejected from said bath, mind you) they came downstairs to "warm up" in front of the space heater in the TV room. Putting actual clothes on would have made too much sense.

As they dried off in front of the space heater, I cleaned up the mess in the bathroom. I wiped the counters and the walls, and then soaked up the mess on the floor with some towels. The bathmat (that I had JUST washed) was sopping wet and needed to be washed yet again. Oh joy. I carried the drippy mess downstairs to put it in the washer when I noticed a suspicious puddle in the pink beanbag chair. I went closer to see exactly what had happened and that is when I realized... Little Guy had PEED in the pink beanbag chair! Un. bee. lievable.

And when I asked him if he had done it, he said no. He blamed it on Grace. As if she'd pee in her own chair. And they say kids are so honest.

No comments: