Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Flight 1787

So I was on my way back from NY on Sunday when the plane hit some rough turbulence, then an airpocket into a short free fall, then everything was ok. Except when we hit the air pocket, my seatbelt failed, (came unhinged from the seat, not unbuckled) and while I stayed still, the plane fell, so I ended up smacking my head on the ceiling (well overhead compartment caught me first, I was on the aisle seat) of the plane. Little L was in my arms, but I was able to keep her safe... that whole clutch and duck thing is a quick reflex.

I was sitting here trying to figure out exactly how long we were falling, time wise, and although I don't know exactly, but it was long enough for me to think this:

WTF?!?!

Oh crap my sealtbelt came undone.

Protect the baby,DUCK!

Ouch, I wonder if I'm bleeding.

Hey I'm floating! That's pretty cool.

Look at all those people - I bet I look pretty funny to the people behind me (pictured myself floating from their POV)

So this is what it feels like when a plane is crashing.

Ah, not crashing today, that's good.

We are ok. I went to the ER and got a CAT scan and xrays, and I have a concussion. I've been really dizzy and nauseated. My neck and back are killing me. Little L is fine. She didn't even cry. Took her to the pediatrician yesterday and she checked out ok.

Crazy!!

No comments: