Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Eww! It's Nature! Get it off of me!

So yesterday I was working on keeping my New Year's Valentine's Day Ides of March Passover resolution of living a healthier life by attempting to get up and moving more often. I had about 30 minutes before Little Guy needed to got to his SportTykes class and so I decided to take him on a little 1.5 mile nature hike (in his stroller). Oh the fun we had! We saw squirrel and chipmunks, quacked at the ducks and chased the butterflies. Then, while Little Guy was in class I ran jogged walked the bleachers while discussing the Hills with my BFF on the phone concentrating very hard on the movements of each muscle. A few sit ups and leg lifts and I broke a sweat.

Now, I really don't like to sweat. I avoid it at all costs. I am not a big fan of bodily secretions in general. So for me, this was a momentous.

Fast Forward to the evening dishes. I am chatting on the phone to me BFF (again) and working through the never ending pile of dishes in the sink when I feel something strange at the base of my hairline. I reach up to scratch and what to I find??? A tick!! Blech! Yuk! Gross! Blech!

Now, I have never had a tick on my person before. Apparently in Florida, where I grew up and spent all the outside-nature-loving hours that were allotted in my life, they aren't around so much. So, I take this tick as Nature's way of saying "Get out of here! We like you as you are! Stay inside, you aren't wanted! You spent enough time outside when you were a kid!" Quite the affirmation Nature made for me.

Thanks for your support nature. I will heed your warnings. Mall walking for me from now on.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Oh man, that's horrible! I've never had a tick on me before either. Congradulations on your workout though.