Thursday, April 17, 2008

Off to the races!

So last weekend was the Atlanta Steeplechase...a horse racing event that reminded me of something the Life & Death Brigade would attend. We were invited by a lady that Mister met while he was at a work function. Her company, PSI, had a corporate tent with a catered lunch for all its invitees to enjoy. It was a family event, so we took the wee ones. They were fairly well-behaved. G was darling as always, and although Little Guy is just adorable, he did have his two year old I-Don't-Want-To-Hold-Your-Hand-I-Would-Rather-Lie-Here-On-The-Ground-And-Scream moments. Oh the joys of Oddler-hood.

We did have very much fun in spite of a few meltdowns. There were pig and Jack Russel Terrier races; a petting zoo/farm; camel & pony rides; a hayride; lots of mud & of course, the main event HORSE RACING! I had never seen a horse race in person before... I'd seen greyhounds and NASCARs, but not horses... though I do think horses are most like a combination of NASCARs and greyhounds...powerful machine-like animals with driver. An experience to remember.

PSI provided a barbecue lunch...I had the chicken and it was very tasty. The children loved the chocolate chip cookies, and there was plenty of beer and hunch punch Belmont Breeze for everyone. It was a glorious day.



No comments: