Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ted Turner is Depressing Me.

Last night Mister and I were watching the latest episode of Charlie Rose that we had recorded on our fancy schmancy DVR. I feel very fortunate to have all of the material things I have in my life...computers, high speed internet, DVRs, a fancy digital camera, food (some of it organic), running water, my dogs. Every day I am thankful for the good fortune in my life; having 2 wonderful kids, a great partner, not having to go into the sweatshop office anymore.

We, as a family, attempt to live a fairly green lifestyle. We reuse anything we can, go shopping at thrift stores to avoid too much consumerism, try to keep the lights off, drive less. We've replaced our light bulbs with the high efficiency ones, unplugged our electronics, set our thermostat to 66 in the winter and 74 in the summer. We recycle every possible thing that could be recycled and use reusable bags at the grocery store. We don't litter. Yet, according to Mr. Turner, we are still dooming our children to lives with famine, drought, overpopulation, illness, cannibalism and despair.

Thanks, Ted. Nothing like a positive outlook.

No comments: