Sunday, May 17, 2009

Garage saling

Yesterday, Mister woke us us at 7:30 am to go around town to look at other people's junk. It was a masterful feat that I was able to get the kids up, dressed, fed and in the car by 8:08. First we hit the coffee shop, because goodness knows I need my caffeine fix, and then we went trolling through the neighborhoods. We don't go garage saling much, only once or twice a year, but boy were the pickings good yesterday!

I got a tumbling mat and booster seat, both in excellent condition, for 15 bucks a piece! I found a Fraggle Rock DVD for $2 and 3 foogoo sippy cups for $1 each! Mister had no idea what Fraggle Rock was, though, so he wasn't nearly as excited as I was. I also found an adorable silk outfit from Hong Kong for G, two pairs of Hanna Andersson wiggle pants for Little L all for $1 a piece, a pair of flip flops and some shirts and shorts for Little Guy (50 cents), and a bunch of training pants with plastic covers that the other mom threw in FREE! Thank goodness, because Little Guy promptly pished all over the next driveway. So embarrassing.

For myself, I found a tea cup from London for 50 cents. Mister got a watering can to collect the water in the bathtub that is usually wasted while we wait for it to heat up.

We went to the Mellow Mushroom for lunch, then came home and realized we need to have our own garage sale now!

1 comment:

not-so-quiet mom said...

Great finds! Sounds like a good family day out & about.

Garage sales are a hassle, though. I usually consign nice stuff, donate the rest and take the tax write-off.