Tuesday, May 12, 2009

She's got a little magic in her

When I was pregnant with Little L, I did a LOT of editing. I was very productive. I stayed up until 3 am working on making my images perfect (or at least pleasant) to my eye, and while I worked I listened to Pottercast. I would just listen to the same episode over and over again, not really hearing what they were saying, just catching Harry Potter tidbits here or there. It was great background noise. I must have listened to the episode with Jo Rowling's interview at least 20 times.

Now, I love Harry Potter. The books are beautifully written and I thoroughly enjoyed reading them. The movies are amazing visually, a real feast for the eyes and the imagination. I am not Potter Obsessed or anything, but I do admit to my geekish affinity for the boy wizard. And the Pottercast personalities are fairly entertaining.

Well, Harry Potter must have seeped into my very being during that pregnancy, because when Little L was born, she had a perfect lighting bolt shaped angel kiss birthmark on her forehead. It is still there, but has started to fade a bit. She still must have some magic in her.

No comments: