Sunday, May 10, 2009

What Did I Come In Here For?

Once, when I was working part time at a Civil Engineering firm after G was born, I was running late (big surprise) and I couldn't find my car keys (shocker). I searched high and low, cursed myself for not keeping the batteries up to date in the car key finder that my cousin Steffy got me for Hannukah, and eventually had to call in sick to work.

Ultimately, I spent a lazy day at home playing with G who was about 15 months old. At lunchtime, I put her in her high chair and she started whining. It seemed like she was uncomfortable in the chair for some reason. I took her out and looked to see what the problem was... yep, there were my car keys. I still blame G for that one... certainly I didn't put the keys in the high chair. That would be like putting your sheet music in the freezer before leaving for your concert... oh wait I've done that.

Now that I have three littles, I tend to spend my days wandering around the house from room to room forgetting exactly what I was going in there for in the first place. I've turned it into an art form really... the art of the half finished task. So when I found this song on my favorite music blog, The Late Greats, I just had to add it to my player. It is just so... what was I saying again?

No comments: