Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now the Fog Is Gone

Ahh, so I think part of my mental fog as of late has been due to this horrendous cold virus I have been fighting off. I had a raging fever all day Sunday and have been struggling ever since. I finally did remember why I couldn't get my act together with the Easter egg hunt..I was busy baking a birthday cake for my babysitter Erika's 13th birthday. Erika is a vegan and although her mom couldn't make a cake for her, I am known to make a MEAN vegan chocolate cake, so I volunteered to bake one for her and deliver it (with the help of my little loin fruits) to her dinner party at Sweet Tomatoes. You can find the recipe here

After the cake delivery, which included 13 funky neon candles and a Happy Birthday Serenade from the 4 year old, Mister, the kids and I had dinner at Ruby Tuesday's (Mister refuses to have dinner anywhere that doesn't serve alcohol...especially on a Friday night) We had the candy/egg discussion in the car on the way home. By the time we actually got home and tucked the children in I was too pooped to make another trip to the grocery store. Mystery solved.

Here is the cake I made for Erika and the headshot I did of her for her modeling/acting portfolio:


No comments: