Saturday, March 1, 2008

Long day gone

Yesterday was the longest day I've had in a long while. It started with me getting up early to get G to school on time (a feat, really) and forgetting to take back the Shabbat Schlepper. OY Vey! They had a spare to send home with the next child, thank goodness, or he would have been out of Shabbat luck.

Then, I headed to Trader Joe's to restock the fridge which had gotten quite empty, where Little Guy decided to just simply lie down in the middle of an aisle rather than push his little kid shopping cart along with me. I put him in the big cart then, where he tantrumed for a while about being buckled in.

Mister calls and telle me he needs me to do a headshot for him at lunch for his company's press release, and is one of the toughest clients yet. Thankfully, as we were finishing up I got some good ones. What do you think? Not bad for having been taken in the garage. Yep, no backdrop, no special lighting, just sunlight and the gray garage wall.
Then I rushed over to get G from school, eating my Kashi microwave meal lunch with a spoon along the way, then headed down to drop off Ryan's birth announcements to his parents in Buckhead. G spilled water on herself on the way there, so we asked to throw her pants in the dryer for a while at their condo, which they graciously allowed us to do. Pulling out of the underground parking garage, I managed to hit a pole (they really shouldn't put poles where I am backing out, I mean REALLY), and dented the driver's side quarterpanel of my car. And just when I was about to do a top to bottom car cleaning, too.

Rush hour traffic on the way back, and Little Guy also ended up pantless due to an exploding diaper. Stopped in to Publix with my junkity crew, me covered in baby spit up when I don't have a baby, G in wet clothes (again) and Little Guy, pantless, but with blue rainboots and an Elmo bike helmet. Nice

Finally home and it is time for homemade pizza, which was the highlight of the day until my friend Di brought be a Chocolate choclolate chololate Blizzard from DQ to soothe my soul. What a sweetheart. What a day.

No comments: