Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I don't like GREEN olives

I am in the process of sorting through all of the images that I have neglected since last summer, and while doing so I came across some snapshots I took when G had her little friend D over for thier very first playdate in July. D is a very sweet little girl, and is very sure of herself and her preferences. When preparing for our "picnic" the girls were rummaging through the refrigerator finding things that they wanted to eat. G suggested some large green olives; we always have loads of them tucked away as I am rarely without a dirty martini on Friday night.

"G's mom" D says, "I prefer BLACK olives, not green olives. Do you have any BLACK olives in the pantry?"

I was a bit surprised that a 3 year old would have such strong opinions on olives. As it turned out, I did have a can of black olives in the pantry and thus, all was well with the world.

Now, I make sure to stock the pantry with BLACK olives, just so we have some for when D comes over.


No comments: