Tuesday, February 5, 2008

{V} is for VOTE!!


Today is Super Tuesday here in Georgia and it is time for us all once again to make our voices heard. I was making G's lunch when I got the text message reminder from my dear husband to make sure to get to the polls today. Thank goodness he knows me so well, because I actually had forgotten today was the big day and had I not been reminded, I would've been violently cursing the extraordinary traffic which I encountered on the way to drop G off at school.. only 3 minutes late, as always.

After depositing my oldest with her teachers for the morning, little guy and I proceeded to the polling place. It is confusing to vote here in my little town, as there is one particular street that is home to roughly 47 churches and one school, each of which serves a polling place. To make matters worse, they change the location of "your" polling place every few years so you are never sure which "vote here" sign to follow....was it the Baptist Church last time? The Lutheran? the second reform order of the democratic independent? Fiddlesticks.

Little guy and I decided to try the school first this time, and then make our rounds to the rest of the polling places, in case I was mistaken the first time...kind of like Trick Or Voting... Little guy was dressed for the occasion, in his Winnie the Pooh footed sleeper, his football hoodie and his sister's patent leather mary janes. He had originally donned her pink cowboy boots, but apparently they weren't sophisticated enough for the occasion.

Happily, the school was the correct polling place for us this time, and the line was short. Little guy even did the voting for me, the newfangled touch screen technology making it so easy to vote, even a toddler can do it. As we said our good byes to the polling enforcers, the man at the door gave us our very peachy "I'm a Georgia Voter" stickers so we could show the world what dutiful citizens we really are. Little man ate his before we got to the car.


Want to vote, but don't know which candidate your ideals most closely align with? Check out the Candidate Calculator.

No comments: